Hydrodynamic (Turbo) Couplings
At the hydrodynamic coupling the input and output side is not mechanically connected to each other and hence are wear-free. The transmission of the torque via the clutch rotating in the liquid filling which is guided on the radially arranged blades.
- Hitless and smooth starting of machines and material handling equipment
- Acceleration of very large masses without the use of oversized motors
- Protect the motor from load peaks at frequent switching and reversing
- Excellent vibration isolation and shock absorption
- Most extensive torsional vibration isolation in the vibration-prone drives